Sunday, March 5th, from 8:30-11am
Are you thinking about entering your first SUP race or interested in building upon your current competitive skills? This comprehensive 2.5 hour course will give you a repertoire of tools and the confidence you need to either get started or take your racing to the next level.
Topics covered will include:
- Setting training goals
- Nutrition and nutrition timing
- Physical and mental preparation
- Race stroke techniques
- High and low cadence, when to use each
- Warming up
- Gear & Equipment recommendations
- Improving your mental game during a race
- Practicing various race starts
- How to finish strong
- Buoy turns
- Training advice
- Cross-training tips
- Video critiques
- Race day preparedness
- How to avoid burnout
- Short ‘mock race’ to implement skills
Dress to sweat and get wet. Snacks and water provided. Must have PFD.
Please email email@example.com or call 805.225.5555 to register.
Why take a SUP race workshop from Nikki Gregg?
Nikki has been paddling since 1995, starting out as a whitewater kayaker and raft guide, then becoming full time to SUP in 2007. She has competed in all race types including flatwater, open ocean, downwind, whitewater, and surf racing. With an ACA level 2 instructor certification, Nikki has been teaching SUP clinics since before any type of formal SUP certification or SUP instructional clinics existed. Nikki has valuable and timely information that is guaranteed to improve your personal time and performance for racing.
A few of Nikki’s top finishes:
- Payette River Games – 2013 1st Place Women
- Jericho Oceanman – Vancouver, BC – 2012 1st Place Solo Woman
- Boise Whitewater Festival – 2012 Overall Winner
- Fibark – Salida, CO – 2012 1st Place Triple Crown
- Rocky Mountain Surf Festival – 2012 Female Whitewater Champion
- Reno River Festival – 2012 1st Place Women and 4th Overall
- H20 Overdrive SUP Cross – Park City, UT – 2011 1st Place Women
- Naish Race Series – Hood River, OR – 2010 1st Place Women
- Seaside Celebration – Seaside, FL – 2010 2nd Place Elite Women
- Cold Stroke Classic – Wilmington, NC – 2010 & 2011 3rd Place Elite
- Battle of the Paddle – 2009 1st Place Women’s Open